Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
Let's face it, we all think summer is going to slow down after the busy school year, but it never really does. We are always on the move and our slow cooker works year-round (like us!). Family meals and gathering with friends is so important to us and with our busy schedules we need quick and simple recipes. We want to share one easy recipe with you that you can share with your friends and family, Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs. With our locally raised baby back pork ribs or spare ribs, a few ingredients, and a slow cooker, you can throw together a delicious meal without spending ours in the kitchen. It's perfect for backyard gatherings, a meal at home, or even a pot luck party!
• 2 c barbecue sauce
• 2 tbsp of brown sugar
• 3 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (optional if you like your ribs more spicy)
• 4-5 lbs deutsch family farm baby back pork ribs or spare ribs
• salt , to taste
1. Spray inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Remove inner skin from ribs and place ribs in slow cooker.
3. Combine bbq sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine and completely cover with 3/4 of the sauce. Season with a good amount of salt and pepper; cover cooker with lid and cook on low setting for 7-8 hours or high setting for 3-4 hours. Refrigerate remaining sauce to use for glazing later.
4. When ribs are tender and falling apart, transfer them onto an oven tray (or baking sheet), lined with parchment paper using a slotted spoon and tongs. (Lift them carefully as the meat will be very tender and falling off the bone). Baste with half of the the remaining barbecue sauce and grill / broil in preheated oven at 200C | 390F for about 10 minutes, or until beginning to char and crisp on the edges. Cut the ribs, serve with remaining sauce.